Skip to content
Home » Immigration Updates » Green Card

Green Card

USCIS to Replace Sticker that Extends Validity of Green Cards

USCIS announced that starting in January 2021, it will replace the sticker that is currently issued to lawful permanent residents to extend the validity of their Form I-551, Permanent Resident Card (PRC or “Green Card”), with a revised Form I-797, Notice of Action, for Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card. The revised I-797 receipt notice, together with an applicant’s PRC, will serve as temporary evidence of lawful permanent resident status for 12 months from the expiration date on the face of the PRC.