• Hours & Info

    (562) 495-0554
    M-F: 8:00am - 6:00 p.m.
    Sat: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
  • Social

  • Past Blog Posts

New Design of Green Cards

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services today announced a redesign to the Permanent Resident Card (also known as a Green Card) and the Employment Authorization Document (EAD) as part of the Next Generation Secure Identification Document Project. USCIS will begin issuing the new cards on May 1, 2017.
These redesigns use enhanced graphics and fraud-resistant security features to create cards that are highly secure and more tamper-resistant than the ones currently in use.
The new card designs demonstrate USCIS’ commitment to continue taking a proactive approach against the threat of document tampering and fraud. They are also part of an ongoing effort between USCIS, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement to enhance document security and deter counterfeiting and fraud.

The new Green Cards and EADs will:
Display the individual’s photos on both sides;
Show a unique graphic image and color palette:
Green Cards will have an image of the Statue of Liberty and a predominately green palette;

EAD cards will have an image of a bald eagle and a predominately red palette;
Have embedded holographic images; and
No longer display the individual’s signature.

Is the Marriage Bona-fide?

This type of visa will allow you to obtain the Green Card for you, your spouse and your unmarried children under 21 years old. You can get the Immigration Green Card by marriage if the marriage is bona-fide.

If you marry a United States Citizen, you can begin the process immediately to get your Green Card. Depending on your current status and whether you entered the country legally, you can stay in the United States and Adjust your Status to that of a Lawful Permanent Resident. Otherwise, you may have to have the application prepared and sent to the United States Consulate of your home country. Many times the spouse will want to get the foreign national deported because the marriage is not working out and they do not believe it was bona-fide even if kids were born.

If you have been married less than two years, you will get a Conditional Green Card. This means that two years later, you will have to file another petition to remove the Conditional Residency to prove the marriage is real.

%d bloggers like this: