• Hours & Info

    (562) 495-0554
    M-F: 8:00am - 6:00 p.m.
    Sat: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
  • Social

  • Past Blog Posts

Get the Best Immigration Lawyer to help you


If you have an immigration problem, you will need to get the best immigration lawyers in Los Angeles to help you . An immigration attorney Los Angeles can help you with your immigration case. What does it take to become an immigration lawyer Los Angeles CA? First, he or she gets a B.S. or B.A. degree. This usually takes 4-5 years. Afterwards, he or she goes to Law School which takes another 3 years. Finally, after that, the immigration attorney Los Angeles  will take the California Bar. Depending on the year, this will take another 6 months of intense studying and then taking the Bar. Normally, the passage rate will be about 44%-49%. Now, after becoming a California lawyer, what does it take to become an immigration attorney los angeles? This would normally take another few years of working immigration cases in a variety of different immigration cases. However, some of the best immigration lawyers in Los Angeles will then proceed to become certified specialists in immigration law. What does this take? Normally, after at least 5 years of experience, and most the time more experience, the immigration lawyer Los Angeles CA then takes an intensive examination covering all the various areas of immigration law. Then, there is a continuing education requirement and a peer evaluation. The whole process after submission of the initial exam takes another year. If the California immigration lawyer passes the test and all the other requirements, then that the best immigration lawyers in Los Angeles will become a certified specialist in immigration and nationality law. The certification of the speciality will last for 5 years upon which the immigration attorney los angeles will have to be re-certified.


Watch a video on getting a immigration attorney los angeles


Is it important to gthe best immigration lawyers in Los Angeles for your case? Most definitely explains the immigration lawyers in Los Angeles. There are many different areas of immigration law and the California immigration lawyer. For example, there are several different types of family petitions and several different types of employment petitions. The best immigration lawyers in Los Angeles will be able to describe the family based preferences where a U.S. Citizen petitions a spouse, or child or son or daughter that is single or married. The same  immigration lawyer Los Angeles CA could also explain a lawful permanent resident petitioning his or her son or daughter. Regarding the employment petitions, the California immigration lawyer can explain to the client that there are also several preferences of employment and which you either qualify for or which you would best have the chance of success to apply for under the law. For example, if you are from India, then you would find out that there are many years of waiting (even if the EB-2 preference for persons with advanced degrees.) The best immigration lawyers in Los Angeles can then explain that other employment based preferences such as EB-1 will include Multinational Manager Petitions as well as Outstanding Professors and Extraordinary Alien Petitions. Additionally, you would likely be informed about the EB-5 investment visa explains the  immigration lawyer Los Angeles CA.


The immigration attorney Los Angeles will also discuss the possibility of the EB-4 petitions which cover different types of petitions such as battered spouses or religious worker petitions shares the best immigration lawyers in Los Angeles. The battered spouse petitions can be for either a male or female. Most the time it is a female, but on occasion, the immigration lawyer Los Angeles CA can explain why a male might be able to apply for VAWA due to severe emotional distress and sometimes even physical abuse will be shown.


The immigration lawyer Los Angeles CA can also show you about motions to reopen. In fact, many times when there are no other forms of relief and it is necessary to show the initial deportation order was not issued properly, or there was criminal relief or some other types of facts giving rise to a motion to reopen. The  immigration lawyer Los Angeles CA  states that there are other times when a client will have not properly responded to an RFE or a Request for Evidence or did not respond at all. In these cases, a motion to reopen might be the only way to proceed forward. Also, sometimes the person will either not know to appeal or forget the deadline. The immigration attorney Los Angeles can many times do what is known as a sua sponte motion to reopen. If in fact it is not granted, then the best immigration lawyers in Los Angeles  can appeal the denial of the motion to reopen.


As you can see, there is a great deal that the  immigration lawyer Los Angeles CA can do and it is the many years of education and experience and the continuing education and follow-up exam taking and many other factors that will allow the best immigration lawyers in los angeles  to help you and to see the different paths you might be able to take in order to succeed and stay in the U.S., or to enter the U.S., or to keep from getting deported from the U.S. Immigration law has many different lawyers which must be looked at and analyzed with every case. Some cases have more issues than other cases shares an immigration attorney Los Angeles, but in the end, it would benefit all who are concerned to get the experience of the best immigration lawyers in Los Angeles.

Can I bring in an Orphan to the U.S.?


How can I bring in an Orphan to the U.S.?


Question: I want to petition an orphan. What must I do?


Answer: A USC can petition for an orphan under age 16. In order to be an orphan, both parents must have died, disappeared, or abandoned the child. If there is a sole or surviving parent, he or she must be incapable of providing for the child and irrevocably release the child for emigration or adoption. The child must be under 16 and unmarried at the time the petition is filed on his or her behalf to classify as an immediate relative. The petitioner must be a USC. Natural siblings of the orphan are also eligible to immigrate if adopted abroad while under 18 by the same adoptive parent.


Question: Where must I adopt the child and can I adopt the child in the U.S.?


Answer: That will depend on what country you want to bring in the child as to whether it is a part of the Hague Convention. It would be necessary to understand some parts of the Hague Convention to answer this. Here are some basic rules:


Only USCs—not LPRs—may adopt and immigrate children subject to the Hague rules; The Department of State coordinates with the equivalent “Central Authority” or designee in the child’s home country and this foreign entity is heavily involved in the process; Adoption cannot serve as the basis for the child’s immigration unless they follow certain prescribed steps and sequences; The USC parents are prohibited from contacting the birth parents unless they fall within narrow exceptions; The adopted child must be under 16 when the decree is finalized or the I-800 is filed; there is no exception for children between ages 16 and 18 whose siblings have been adopted while under 16; and the definition of “adoptable” child is broader than orphan and includes those children whose: (1) single birth parent has relinquished control; (2) two living birth parents are incapable of providing care and have released the child for adoption; or (3) unmarried birth father, who can qualify as a “sole parent,” releases the child for adoption after the birth mother has abandoned the child.


Question: What countries are Hague Convention Countries?

Answer: Hague Convention rules apply to children who are “habitual residents” of one of the approximately 80 countries that have signed on to the international treaty. Some of the countries that have not ratified the convention include Kazakhstan, Russia, Guatemala, Ethiopia, and South Korea. Some of the ones that have ratified it include China, India, Mexico, and the Philippines.


Question: What are the procedures for applying, assuming that the child comes from a Hague Country.


Answer: Assuming the Hague rules apply, the following steps must be adhered to in this precise order. First, the prospective adoptive parent(s) obtain(s) an approved home study from an accredited provider, licensed in the state of the adoptive parent(s), and authorized to conduct such studies. The adoptive parent(s) then file(s) Form I-800A, Application for Determination of Suitability to Adopt a Child from a Convention Country, with USCIS, along with the home study. USCIS may need to communicate with the designated adoption service provider.


After approval of the I-800A and home study, USCIS forwards these to the adoption service provider and the NVC, which in turn forwards to the Central Authority of the designated foreign country. That Central Authority then identifies a child and refers him or her to the prospective parent(s) along with a report on his or her medical and social background. If the family accepts the referral, they file Form I-800, Petition to Classify Convention Adoptee as an Immediate Relative, with USCIS. USCIS then provisionally approves the petition and forwards it to the appropriate U.S. Consulate.


The consular officer screens the child for admissibility and annotates the visa application with the child’s ability to immigrate following adoption. The officer also transmits the “Article Five Letter” to the Central Authority, which basically affirms that the adoptive parents may proceed with the adoption. The family then completes the adoption or guardianship process and submits the official decree to the consulate, which approves the I-800 and issues the immigrant visa (IH-3 or IH-4).


Beginning on September 25, 2008, USCIS expanded its direct mail program to include the forms I-800A and I-800. Applicants must now submit them to the USCIS Chicago Lockbox facility for initial processing using the following address: USCIS, P.O. Box 805695, Chicago, IL 60680-4118. These forms will then be forwarded to the National Benefits Center in Lee’s Summit, MO, which has assumed processing of these petitions.

Why should you hire an Immigration Attorney?

Coffee talk with Immigration Attorney Brian D. Lerner, A Professional Corporation on Immigration and Naturalization Law and specifics on how you can find solutions to immigration problems, visas, work-permits, deportation and other areas of immigration law. Find out about why you should hire an immigration attorney and/or deportation attorney who knows what they are doing. Immigration Lawyer Brian D. Lerner explains this area of immigration law so that it is clear and in normal and plain English. The Law Offices of Brian D. Lerner is happy to give you a free 10 minute consultation at http://www.blerner.checkappointments.com/. Additionally, call us at 562-495-0554 or send a Skype to ‘briandlerner’.

DREAMERS: Deferred Inspection

Orphan Petition

%d bloggers like this: