Recent win for the Law Offices of Brian D. Lerner, APC: Asylum granted for client who is a homosexual African male from Kenya. Client was physically attacked and threatened several times because of his sexual orientation. No medical documents but a very strong declaration from Client and other country materials showing that gays and lesbians are persecuted in Kenya.

Law Offices of Brian D. Lerner success at . Client received E-2 Extension even in this bad economy with no employees and very litle income.

Law Offices of Brian D. Lerner success at . Waiver of Inaddmissbility granted. Extreme Hardship sucessfully shown and now client can be issued Visa for Lawful Permanent Residency.

Law Offices of Brian D. Lerner success at . Client received Lawful Permanent Residency after years of waiting and after Request for Evidence issued about to deny the case.

Brian D. Lerner – Long Beach – Attorney at Law – Biznik

Class C Felony can i get back to my family please help us mom and grand ma are sick and my wife all alone and we love eatsh othe – Immigration –

Father in law wants a divorce. – Immigration –

Do you fall under The Child Status Protection Act?

Question: I am very confused if I fall under the Child Status Protection Act (CSPA.) I have heard various things and just do not know if I qualify. Can you shed some light on this subject?

Answer: Yes it is true that there has been some confusion as to whether or not certain cases apply to the Child Status Protection Act. Within the last week, the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (BCIS) has issued some new interpretations of the CSPA. Unfortunately, some of the regulations limit what and who can fall under the CSPA.

First, the BCIS now states that the terms of the CSPA are not retroactive. Hence, persons whom age-out and would possibly fall under the CSPA must age-out after August 6, 2002 in order to qualify.

Question: Are there any exceptions to this age-out rule?

Answer: Yes. If you aged-out after August 6, 2002, but the petition has not yet been adjudicated or ruled upon. Also, if the petition has been ruled upon, but the adjustment of status application is still pending you would qualify for this exception.

Question: If I qualify for some other nonimmigrant visa, can I use the sections of CSPA?

Answer: No. Especially listed are the K (for fiancée related beneficiaries) and V (for persons with family petitions pending for over three years.)

Question: When is it actually determined if a person “ages-out”?

Answer: This occurs on the date of the visa number availability. Therefore, you would need to find out exactly when the visa became available and then find out exactly how old the beneficiary was on that date. This will apply not only to the beneficiary, but to the derivative beneficiaries as well.

Question: I have a friend who would have a current visa number available, but his father (the petitioner) became a U.S. Citizen and now the visa number availability is years off. Can he do anything?

Answer: Yes. A simple letter to the BCIS will suffice to show that he wants to retain the old preference. His visa number will become current, and he will be able to adjust his status.

my husband was ordered vouluntary departure in 2006 and over stayed …. – Immigration –

Can you immigrate to the United States?

Question: I would like to know if I am eligible to come to the United States and immigrate so I can get my Green Card. I am very confused and am unsure of the possible ways. Can you shed some light on this subject?

Answer: Through family-based immigration, a U.S. citizen or LPR can sponsor his or her close family members for permanent residence. A U.S. citizen can sponsor his or her spouse, parent (if the sponsor is over 21), children, and brothers and sisters. An LPR can sponsor his or her spouse, minor children, and adult unmarried children. As a result of recent changes in the law, all citizens or LPR’s wishing to petition for a family member must have an income at least 125% of the federal poverty level and sign a legally enforceable affidavit to support their family member.

Through employment-based immigration, a U.S. employer can sponsor a foreign-born employee for permanent residence. Typically, the employer must first demonstrate to the Department of Labor that there is no qualified U.S. worker available for the job for which an immigrant visa is being sought.

Through various special related visas for religious persons or multinational managers.

As a refugee or asylee, a person may gain permanent residence in the U.S. A person located outside the United States who seeks protection in the U.S. on the grounds that he or she faces persecution in his or her homeland can enter this country as a refugee. In order to be admitted to the U.S. as a refugee, the person must prove that he or she has a “well-founded fear of persecution” on the basis of at least one of the following internationally recognized grounds: race; religion; membership in a social group; political opinion; or national origin. A person who is already in the United States and fears persecution if sent back to his or her home country may apply for asylum in the U.S. Like a refugee, an asylum applicant must prove that he or she has a “well-founded” fear of persecution based on one of the five enumerated grounds listed above. Once granted asylum, the person is called an “asylee.” In most cases, an individual must apply for asylum within one year of arriving in the U.S. Refugees and asylees may apply for permanent residence after one year in the U.S.

Question: How many immigrants are admitted to the United States every year?

Answer: Family-based immigration is limited by statute to 480,000 persons per year. There is no numerical cap on the number of immediate relatives (spouses, minor unmarried children and parents of U.S. citizens) admitted annually to the U.S. as immigrants. However, the number of immediate relatives is subtracted from the 480,000 cap on family-based immigration to determine the number of other family-based immigrants to be admitted in the following year (with a floor of 226,000). Employment-based immigration is limited by statute to 140,000 persons per year. The United States accepts only a limited number of refugees from around the world each year. This number is determined every year by the President in consultation with Congress. The total number of annual “refugee slots” is divided among different regions of the world. For fiscal year 2003, the number of refugee admissions was set at 70,000.

The numbers may sound like a large amount. However, since so many people want to come into the U.S., there are many people who have to wait 10 to 20 years to have their turn to enter the U.S. as a Lawful Permanent Resident.


Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 118,398 other followers